Thursday 25 October 2012

Literary Rant

So. Blogging mark 2.

Its been exciting times over the last few days. Summed up thus: essays, drunkeness, 4 way conversations, chinese take outs, late night gossip, visiting Ikea and the Roman World 1A.

Exciting times.

So I wanted to talk about this play I studied for English Literature- "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett.

A classic example of Absurdist Drama. I enjoyed it but then again I must say the whole concept of evertthing is pointless and nothingness does not really appeal...

I just felt that while it was certinaly interesting it just was so frustrating and pointless- why can they not just take it upon themselves to leave and stop waiting for Godot??? They keep forgetting what they are doing and talk about stupid things.

GODOT WILL NEVER COME, JUST LEAVE.

Frustrating.

I dont see the point.

Literary rant over.


1 comment:

  1. I can tell that I shall never read this play now. In order that I never feel inclined to wait for Godot (who will never come)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete